Thursday, December 30, 2010

There are Good Intentions...Then There's Reality

What exactly was I thinking? I went out yesterday and bought almost 10 yards of silky black fringe to make an old dress into flapper garb for the upcoming Murder Mystery at Your Vine or Mine’s New Year’s Eve Party. My assigned character is Carrie Crooner Capone, jazz singing headliner at the Four Deuces Club. How I thought I was going to manage that massive of a sewing project with only one evening to devote to its completion is beyond me.

Reality set in quite quickly and plan B was put into action. I won’t reveal the costuming particulars, but never let it be said that I don’t know how to wear a feather boa and a slinky ‘20s headband with signature plumage! Needless to say, I’m returning the bolt of fringe to the fabric store later this afternoon. Thank goodness that sanity found its way back into my life before I started cutting and pinning.


On another tangent, I purchased a large skein of yarn and a new crochet hook while I was looking for the aforementioned plumage. I haven’t crocheted in years, but Meredith wants to learn, so I figured I should bone up on my stitch work and pass on what my Grandma Boyle taught me a lifetime ago. I bought some of that gorgeous, soft, fuzzy yarn to make a scarf. I discovered quite quickly that I can barely see the stitches for all the fancy fuzz. I told Meredith to buy soft but not fuzzy. She needs to see what she is doing to learn it correctly.


Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment