I thought I might shift from the relatively serious to the absolutely delicious! I warn you, this recipe is not for the faint of heart, the high in cholesterol, or the blatantly diabetic!
It is quick, it is easy, and it tastes like a cross between a Southern pecan pie and a New York style cheesecake. Here it is!
Nutty Cheese Bars
1 box of Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Recipe Golden Cake Mix
¾ cup chopped pecans
¾ cup butter, melted.
2 packages (8 oz each) Philly Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Grease and flour a 9 x 13” pan
3) Combine cake mix, chopped pecans and butter in a large bowl.
Stir until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of the
4) In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese and brown sugar
until well blended. Spread evenly over the crust in the pan.
5) Sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
6) Bake 40-50 minutes until the edges are browned and the cheese
topping seems solid
7) Cool completely. Refrigerate before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers
The original recipe says cut in 24 bars, but they are way too rich. I cut
them 4 wide by 15 long and make 60 small bars. If they want more than one
they won’t hesitate to take them! Enjoy!