Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Literal Pain in the Rear

In the never-ending quest to be thin and beautiful, I went walking with a coworker on Wednesday during lunch. Unfortunately, I neglected to switch from my slipper-comfortable flat Cobbie Cuddlers into a decent pair of running shoes. I paid the price for that oversight when I was awakened from a sound sleep that very night with excruciating pain up the fronts of both shins.

In an effort to relieve the pain, I jumped out of bed and promptly fell, breaking my tailbone and wrenching my neck in the process. To say that I'm a "hurtin' unit" is to put it mildly. Of course, life goes on. It was work as usual on Thursday and today...though I have to admit that getting my butt into the driver's seat was extremely painful. Tonight, I only managed to make it home, eat dinner, watch an hour of TV and then head up to bed because the neck was hurting as much as the rear end.

Not one to sleep for hours, I woke up a little after 11 p.m. and I'm sitting here in the quiet of the house, typing away and wishing I had a bottle of my pomegranate zin in the fridge! Unable to take any of the anti-inflammatory medications on the market, I'm limited to Tylenol, so wine is looking pretty good from an anesthetic point of view! It is the weekend, after all. And it will pretty much go on as scheduled.

This weekend's offerings include a trip to the beauty salon for Mom, the usual Saturday errands (bank, post office, groceries), a scheduled stop at a friend's house (bearing comfort food and libation), laundry, the mother-daughter breakfast at church, as well as another Eagle Scout Court of Honor. Somewhere in there I have to fit a stop at K-Mart or Wal-Mart to pick up a new watchband (something else that was broken in the fall) and a stop at the fabric store to pick up the material for the baby gift project.

And so, life rolls on!

No comments:

Post a Comment