Tuesday, May 18, 2010

From Gewurztraminer to Septic Systems

Another weekend is now just a memory. I sat at the laptop last night, writing this blog and sipping a glass of Brandborg Gewurztraminer 2005 (a very good year I might add). I discovered this Umpqua Valley, Oregon winery in my dealings with the old Sawyer House in Mentor many years back. When they closed, I was heartbroken that no one around seemed to carry it. This gewürztraminer is slightly above dry with a faint pear taste…and it is excellent. I finally found that Reider’s in Concord sometimes has a bottle or two on the shelf. Normally, I’m not one to drink at home alone, but I had opened and shared this bottle earlier in the week, and I didn’t want that last glass to turn to vinegar. Besides, it was a stress-relieving way to end yet another busy weekend.

The back-up printer now appears to be working fine. I’m not quite sure what I did to fix the problem, but you won’t hear me complaining. I managed to get all my postcards printed without incident so we’re back on track.


Unfortunately, an even bigger problem arose over the weekend. The compressor on the septic system burned out, as did the circuit board in the control box…to the tune of almost 400 bucks just in parts! But, it’s one of those things you have to fix now. Having absolutely no choice, we called in the service guy from the original installer and it is now running properly again. The old style septic that was on this property originally never had a problem in all the years we lived here prior to the new system (28 years give or take). Considering the atrocious amount we shelled out for this system just 8 years ago, I anticipated it would last a wee bit longer. Fooled me!

No comments:

Post a Comment