Sunday, April 18, 2010

1/3 Procrastination, 2/3 Consternation

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! I have been more than lax in keeping up with the Fractured Anecdote for the last few months. I suppose that thinking all would settle out after the holidays and things would slow to a turtle's pace was totally unrealistic. I feel like the unofficial queen of multitasking. The workload in my office is steadily increasing, which is a good thing in the present financial climate. The rest of life is pretty much like running from forest fire to forest fire and attempting to quell the flames by repeatedly spitting mouthfuls of water through a straw.

We've had everything from emergency room visits with mom to urgent care visits with Jim, five houseguests for a week, choir practices for Easter...and did I mention I really did make that Pomegranate Zinfandel? (It turned out fabulous, really fabulous!) I'm also constructing an e-commerce website for my daughter, will be working on a website for my class reunion, and my agent says it's time to get something on line for Postcard Rx....so I am giving the design a little thought before I charge ahead with that. I also spent 5 hours this weekend adding an additional 600 names and phone numbers to my employer's company intranet phone list...after considerable word and excel manipulation of the three files I was given. Now my fellow employees have only to click a link to get a list of their new coworkers in Washington state, Taiwan, and France.

My agent is still shopping the book, but all appears quiet on the West Coast to date. I have received a lovely endorsement from Dr. Harold Bowersox, author of The Bowersox Protocol for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. Believe it or not, I also got a pat on the back and an Apostolic Blessing from the Pope! I have it in writing, folks! Not something that happens everyday, from what I gather. I must admit I was amazed at the quick Vatican turn around. After all, it went across the Atlantic, was read, a letter was constructed and sent back in less than 6 weeks.

Well it's 3 a.m., do you know where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment