Thursday, January 19, 2012

Organization...not exactly my strong suit

I have to admit, I am just not the most organized person in the world. I make lists and don’t get everything done.  I keep moving those tasks from one day’s list to next and they remain undone.  I identify the large black holes in my life into which my time disappears never to return, and I eliminate those things from my daily existence.   But the small distractions, well, those are the things that add up.

I discovered a little tool that I am finding to be quite helpful, at least during my time at the computer.  It’s called The Action Machine. It is simple, intuitive, and seems to keep me focused on the job at hand.   I like its ease of use. It’s the foil to Parkinson’s law, the adage that states “Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.”

The simple design allows you to determine how much time a task should take, then the clock starts running.  It’s amazing how much I can get done when there is a time limit on completion.

At any rate, I’m having a wonderful time and accomplishing more than normal using The Action Machine as my personal motivator. If you think you might need a boost in your productivity, at work or at home, you might want to check into it.

1 comment:

  1. These post is very informative and interesting. I had a great time reading it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete