Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day 15 of the Juice Fast

My juicing results remain positive.  The totals after two weeks are:

Down 10 pounds

Down 14.5 inches

On the positive side, I still feel great.  My energy is increasing.  I find myself walking faster, limping less, and not feeling nearly as stiff when I wake in the mornings.
 
On the negative side, although I’m not experiencing actual hunger, I am constantly tempted to eat solid food, especially when I smell it cooking.  Also, having my body in calorie burning mode makes me cold to the point of shaking at times.  I find it almost impossible to type accurately when my hands are trembling with cold.  I will admit that last night I was so cold that I thawed, microwaved and consumed 12 ounces of homemade turkey soup.  Even though it was mostly broth, it gave me a sense of eating solids that I don’t get with the straight juice.  And it had the added benefit of warming me up for the first time all day.
 
I also let my water consumption levels drop toward the end of the week, which definitely slowed my weight loss.
 
This week, my intentions are to drink more water, and if I get cold, to drink hot water with the juice of a lemon and a little stevia to ward off the chill.  I will also attempt to add half an hour of exercise to my morning ablations before I head off to work.


Stay tuned for next week’s report! 

No comments:

Post a Comment