Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday morning and all is quiet...

I’m sitting at home alone waiting for the cable company to come make the switch from landline to cable phone. It’s time to cut expenses and make more moves designed to spend less, pay down debt and save more. I can’t be the only one thinking this way, but certain things could not be changed until now.
 
Of course, if someone in Rhode Island hadn’t walked off with my Powerball win, I would just pay it all off, invest the rest and live out my life worry free. Alas, it was not to be. I bought that ticket, recited my mantra “give me the Powerball, I am the Powerball” and it worked exceptionally well. I got exactly what I asked for…the Powerball number…and not a single other number in the winning play! Next time, I’m editing my mantra!

Of course, I shouldn’t complain. I got a 33% return on my investment. I spent $12 and won $4. That is better than my normal return, which is 0%. I will be making strides, however. I will quickly find out what my latte factor is while I’m laid up for 3 months after surgery and unable to drive. I’m sure it will be an eye-opening experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment