Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Something to think about...July 4, 2018


To quote Leroy Jethro Gibbs, "Never say you're sorry.  It's a sign of weakness."  I don't really believe that.  It takes courage to apologize and a whole lot of grit to mean it as more than mere lip service.  
I’ll preface this blog by saying I'm sorry that my hiatus from the keyboard was so lengthy.  I have no reason other than the same political burnout and depression that so many people are suffering after days, weeks, and months of being subjected to the present political climate.  I’m sure it’s happening on both sides of the divide.  It must be particularly awful for those who so adamantly voted the party line without due research, elected the present administration, and are now beginning to realize the magnitude of their mistake.  
While I see the beginnings of a trickle, those not only admitting to that failure but actually leaving the Republican party because of it, I can only hope it becomes a torrent.  It takes an incredible amount of courage to admit you were wrong.  I really admire those with the kind of courage it takes to do that publicly.  And I hope that those voters who mindlessly continue to support this presidency come to see the light.  
As more jobs disappear, as the prices of produce and food products go up, as the prices of cars skyrocket, and as they see those tax breaks making the rich richer and themselves poorer, perhaps the light bulb will finally come on.  It will illuminate what they failed to recognize…that they voted in a darker, more cruel, deeper, and murkier swamp than they ever dreamed possible.  Then again, hindsight is always 20/20, is it not?  
As I have been saying since he won the Republican nomination, he can’t care about anyone, no matter what words cross his lips.  He is a narcissist, incapable of the empathy required to give a damn about anyone but himself.  For him, it’s all about the money, the sex, self-gratification, winning at all costs, and stroking his own twisted ego…and he doesn’t give a damn if he destroys our democracy, our country, and you in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment