Monday, December 23, 2013

Working my way toward a “no stress” holiday…

Three days and counting!  The tree is up and decorated.  All the shopping is done and the presents are wrapped.  All the cookies are baked, as is my mother’s sour cream coffee cake.  I have everything I need for the table.  I have a menu planned for Christmas dinner.  I have my assignments for Christmas Eve.  I have task lists for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  And all has been accomplished with no hyperventilation, no angst, and no arguments.  I’m not quite sure to what I should attribute this significant change from my norm.

I would like to think that my determination to be calm and laid back is paying off.  More likely the lack of caffeine and aspartame in my system could be reason for this aberration in my behavior.  I’m no longer experiencing caffeine withdrawal symptoms.  My sleep patterns are definitely different.  Then again, I’ve only been Diet Mountain Dew free for three weeks, so I think the improvements will continue for a while, then level out and become a new normal.
 
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, a very Happy New Year, and a substantial reduction in stress and angst!  

No comments:

Post a Comment