Monday, April 1, 2013

Back from the brink....


I have survived the week, and now feel as though I can once again put pen to paper, or fingers to keys, as the case may be.  I have come to the realization that I’m too old to be doing anything involved in home improvements or moving a family of six from one house to another.  This lesson was learned after scrubbing cabinets, walls, fridges, woodwork, installing a backsplash, cutting and installing trim wood, taping and painting a kitchen, and restoring an old beat-up hardwood floor to its former glory.

Every bone and muscle in my body aches.  Doing this on top of a full time job, choir prep for Easter, hosting a writer’s meet-up, accompanying my mother to radiation treatments, responding to e-mails and blog comments, and multiple runs to the bank, the hardware store, Lowe’s and Home Depot (to name but a few), was more than a bit over the top for the week.  Going full tilt from 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. is not for the faint of heart.  I remember when I could operate on 3 hours sleep a night for weeks without feeling the effects.  Those days are long gone.

As I sit here, typing away, knowing it is quarter past midnight, knowing I have to be up at 5:30 for more radiation treatment runs, I breathe a significant sigh of relief.  Meredith, Gary, four kids, three cats, and 99.9% of their possessions are in their new place.  If they ever move again, they are on their own.  Mom has spoken!

No comments:

Post a Comment