Wednesday, February 23, 2011

While I'm on the topic of food...

I made the decision several weeks ago that I would cook my heart out on the weekends and just do the heat and serve thing during the work week. I figure doing so would accomplish a number of things.

1) I wouldn’t have to think about what to cook every day,

2) I wouldn’t have to worry about whether I actually had the required ingredients on that particular day,

3) I wouldn’t be spending an hour after work preparing a meal, and

4) Simple nuke and serve eliminates all those pots, pans, and prep tools that would have to be cleaned up after dinner.

So far, it’s worked out pretty well. I’ve made large batches of a number of dishes including tuna noodle casserole, chili, black bean soup, lentil soup, navy bean and ham soup, stuffed peppers, cabbage rolls, hunter’s delight, beef stew, chicken parisienne, etc. It’s been great. So what’s the problem? I’m running out of ideas.


If you have any suggestions, I will readily accept them!

No comments:

Post a Comment