Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Nothing like a Blond Moment!

I came home from work one day last week, took my laptop upstairs to my office and made the usual post-drive pit stop. I noticed something peculiar when I entered the bathroom. There was a bottle of body wash, a bottle of color specific shampoo and a bottle of companion conditioner sitting on the edge of the bathtub. None of these products were mine, and I was pretty certain that my minimalist husband was sticking to his Zest and Pert.

I tossed back the shower curtain and found a used disposable razor sitting on the soap tray. Barring the possibility of having an uber-clean ghost in my house, I made the assumption that my daughter, who no longer lives with us, had been at the house during the day and had, for some unknown reason, availed herself of my shower facilities.

I pulled out my cell phone and gave her a call.

“Hey,” I said. “What’s with coming home to take a shower? Are you having a plumbing problem?”

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“You came here and took a shower,” I replied. “You left your stuff all over my bathroom.”

“Oh. Well, I came over to pick up some clothes out of my old room. I realized I had forgotten to take a shower, so I jumped in.”

“Well that sure explains it,” I said a bit sarcastically.

“Sorry about leaving my stuff all over the bathroom,” she said. “I didn’t mean to forget to move it all back to my room, I guess I was just having a blond moment.”

I started laughing. “I beg to differ,” I said. “Not putting your stuff away was forgetful…but forgetting to take a shower before you left home…now THAT is a Blond Moment!”

No comments:

Post a Comment